Monday, May 23, 2011

Planning

It's been a busy few weeks around our house; Daniel turned 6, Joshua 4 and me... Let's just say I'm well and truly into the late-30's now :) I've also been getting ready for my workshops at Handmade, which is less than 2 weeks away now. I'm a bit nervous about teaching, as it's been about 5 years since I've stood in front of a class, but I expect it will be a lot of fun seeing how people interpret my ideas and designs. I'm so glad I have a willing guinea-pig (thanks Jo!) to teach on Friday...



With that in mind, I've been getting my doll-making packs organised. These packs will have everything you need to make two dolls, including instructions, a printed fat quarter (these look so great; received them today), stuffing, sewing thread, embroidery needle and cotton, knitting wool for hair, and a few more bits and pieces. Any left over after Handmade will be on my table at the Auckland Art and Craft Fair on the 11th of June and listed in my Felt and Etsy shops.



Part of the doll pack, ready to go:



80 dolls hanging on the line: Now I've just got to iron and cut out these fatties. Have a good week!

3 comments:

mila + cuatro said...

The packs look great!

Ruby in the Dust said...

Thank you Sarah, it's all coming together slowly but surely!

Make-do Mum said...

http://makedomum.blogspot.com/2011/06/handmade-2011.html links to photos from the projects you taught this weekend!