Monday, May 2, 2011

Updated


I've been busy this morning adding new listings to my Etsy shop: fat quarters, fat eights, and bundles of both (fat 1/4 bundles, fat 1/8 bundles, that is). I've also been playing around with the prices; you'll be pleased to see all my fabrics are much cheaper than before.

I feel a bit embarrassed about this, but I feel I need to explain... If you've ever sold your crafts, you'll understand how hard it is to set a price. Trying to wholesale your work and then come to a reasonable retail price is even more difficult, I think. That's exactly what I was hoping to do, but it turned out to be too expensive, especially when you compare my hand-screenprinted fabrics to the beautiful and much cheaper commercially-printed fabrics out there. I think it's a bit like comparing apples to pears, but that's still what I was trying to do :) Anyways, I've decided against taking that route, and I'm pleased to announce that I am your exclusive stockist of Ruby in the Dust fabrics. That means I can set my own prices, and everybody benefits!

If you've bought my fabric at full price in the past, I should have sent you a little sweetener by email already, but if I've forgotten you, please let me know. For the rest of you, I'd like to offer you free postage (within New Zealand) until Friday night, on all fabric orders in my Etsy shop. Just enter this code when you're in the checkout: MAY11FREESHIP. Please pass it on, because now I'm the only one selling these fabrics, I need as much help as I can get to promote them :)

Have a good week! And leave a comment if you'd like a little show-and-tell about the fabric swatch card in the picture; it's very simple to put together.

6 comments:

MissMollyCoddle said...

I know what you mean! Setting a price is so difficult. Finding a wholesale price that doesn't feel like slave labour is not easy. So glad we have felt and etsy. You're fabrics are beautiful too :)

Jesse said...

I completely understand! Pricing is the most difficult thing.

Do tell about the swatch card!

Mary Nanna said...

OMG I had no idea that you designed these fabrics! They are soooo cooool. You are so talented.

Ruby in the Dust said...

Thanks guys, I thought you'd agree about pricing :) And hello Mary-Anna; that was quick! Glad you like it!

Danelle van Eeden said...

Sjoe maar die lappe is pragtig! Veral mal oor die voƫltjies!!!
Was lekker om te chat vanoggend xxxd

Zennic Designs said...

These are great, well done for designing them yourself!