Thursday, June 16, 2011

Orange, mustard, ginger

I can't believe the colours I'm getting into at the moment. Just look at the title as an example! I must be having a creative growth spurt or something.

I found this little number at the Sallies yesterday. It wasn't cheap, but it was calling my name, saying something about being the perfect weekend case and holding all my bits. I couldn't hear it all and didn't want to hurt its feelings by letting it know I normally lug much bigger bags around on weekends. I might have to go somewhere just to use it.


I'm so attracted to the colour mustard at the moment, and to think my love affair with yellow only started last year. Don't know what I'll knit; might be yet another scarf (striped grey and mustard sounds good).
Some more mustard, this time from my felt stash matched with my fuschia merino top. Lovely!

And while I'm on the topic of colour and mohair, have a look at this make-over on Pandora. I'm sure the NZ Top Models won't sport any hairstyles this exciting on Friday night. Just want to show what can be achieved with one ball of flattened mohair on my dolls. Speaking of them, I have only four packs left, so email me if you're interested in a kit. Twenty of them are on their way to Sydney, but that's another blog post altogether...

Have a wonderful end to your week!

5 comments:

Kitty as a Picture Kids' Design Blog said...

LOOOVE the suitcase. Hmmm.. must do some more op-shopping myself soon - been a while since I had a good find! Love the doll too, very cool :)

Anna said...

Like! Like! Like!

Danelle van Eeden said...

Dis so weird, dis presies my kleure op die oomblik...DAAI pienk, DAAI geel, DAAI grys (kan bietjie donkerder)...Pragtig! Verlang na jou!!!

Ruby in the Dust said...

thanks for the comments ladies! I've just designed some fabric with some of those colours, will show it off when it arrives :)

Karlientjie said...

Ek is mal oor die tassie se kleur!!! Te cute!