Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Back in the real world



I really do take my time, don't I? It's Wednesday already and I've only now found the time to report back on our most amazing time in Wellington.  Craig and I had 3 nights there and managed to see and do so many things without rushing around once. Bliss.  




Craft 2.0 was a great success for everyone; the market was constantly busy without being too crowded, and thanks to my wonderful assistant it was possible to do the rounds a couple of times and actually chat with other sellers. I left with a couple of treasures: another beautiful bird by Sarah Wigley and a crochet pot stand by Rachelle from Ahipara GirlSarah's bird already has a friend, as you can see in the photo.  I got the black one last year and it is one of my favourite objects in our house.  I was so pleased to see she had the birds there again, plus a perfect range of small hand-decorated bowls.The colours on Rachelle's pot holder caught my eye, but what really sold it to me was the little detail on the back.  So simple and unexpected. Apart from these two ladies, I was also glad to catch up with Shelley from Sweet William, and meet Joke from Hikkepik.  







On Sunday morning we went back to the Chaffers Dock Building for the food market where we had really great coffee, danishes, bratwurst rolls and fresh strawberries for breakfast.  Mmm. We happened across a small civic ceremony where the mayor of Wellington was giving an awkwardly-translated speech to thank the sister-city Beijing for their generous gift of 100 bicycles to the city.  We delivered some of my fabric (which will be transformed into really cute baby shoes) to Made.it.  We visited the Wellington Art Gallery and Te Papa for the jointly-hosted Oceania exhibition; well worth the time and $10.  We walked in the sun and talked about what a great city it is to visit, and perhaps next time we'll bring the boys...


Thanks again Wellington for putting on the weather, culture and magic for us! xx


5 comments:

estelle said...

Glad you had an brilliant time in Wellington - your table looks great too!

Anna said...

Yay! Sounds like you guys had a fab time in Welly. Craft 2.0 sounds like a great market!

growMama said...

sounds most fabulous! those birds...wow xx

melissa said...

yippee- sounds amazing! i hope i will see you in wellington sometime soon. LOVE those birds you've bought.

Ruby in the Dust said...

Thanks guys! the market was amazing as always... Melissa, I think we'll see each other in Auckland first, at the Fair next month; can't wait :)