Monday, November 14, 2011

Time

Every year around this time I start worrying about how much I have to do and how little time I have for everything. I made a start today with my felt kits, which are very popular round about now.  Here's a little look at my assembly line on the kitchen table today: so many bits and pieces to get ready before I can put them into the boxes!

Next year I will have more time, as Joshua starts school next May.  While I'm looking forward to being able to work more, I'm also conscious of how precious his last few months at home are. I'm taking things a bit slower this Christmas, and that means doing fewer markets and maybe not stocking my shops as well as I would like to.   

I'm doing Kraftbomb as always: the last Sunday of this month, plus the Sunday before Christmas. Also the Auckland Art and Craft Fair on the 10th of Dec and the Gladstone Primary School Market in Mt Albert on the 1st of Dec. I also have limited stock, including my felt Bird and Heart Kits, in my Etsy and Felt shops. If you would like to see what I have in stock here at home, please just email me and I can create a custom listing for you.



3 comments:

Flo said...

Gorgeous, I look forward to seeing them at Kraftbomb

Make-do Mum said...

Good idea about taking it easier in the build up to school. I can't believe how quickly it came (my daughter started last Thursday). We got through most things on my before-she-goes-to-school list!

Ruby in the Dust said...

Thank you Flo; be sure to come and say hi to me :) Yes, Emma, I've started to think about how much time I'm spending on my crafting at the cost of our family time. Something has to give, and this season it's my little business.