Monday, January 16, 2012

Hello

Is is too late to say Happy New Year? Probably, but I'll do it anyway.  I hope you've had a very good rest over the big days! We did; in fact we only went away for Christmas and the camping trip and spent the rest of the time at home, starting off some and finishing up a few projects which I'd like to share with you over the next few posts.  





One of my projects was a massive spring-clean to rid the house of the piles of things that collected over the last few months of the year while I had craft market blinkers on. I decided to rearrange the kids' art wall and the way I display their ever-growing collection, because when something gets stuck on the wall with blue tack it has a tendency to just stay there. I was very lucky at the inorganic rubbish collection late last year when I picked up a huge frame, possibly from a dressing table (shown above with my helper, young Joshua).  I gave it a few layers of paint and Craig strung up some fishing line on which to peg the artworks. It's easy to change things around, with the added bonus that it also looks good.  I love it when a plan comes together....

5 comments:

clare said...

This looks great! Adding it to my list of ideas...

Annie B said...

What a great find and it looks fab with the kid's artwork on it!

Little Miss Flossy said...

What a genius idea! That would make a great display space in my classroom.

bunnyeatsdesign said...

Great project! It looks fab. You have a great eye for potential.

Ruby in the Dust said...

thanks guys! I'm glad to report that the boys like it too :)