Thursday, February 9, 2012

Coffee

Just before Christmas I snapped up this beautiful Melitta coffee pot in the Hospice shop for $5.  Thankfully it still has the original sticker on, because it has no other markings and I would not have known the brand name otherwise.  It even has a matching ceramic filter holder which sits on top of the pot! This is embossed with the brand name, which is apparently the reason there was no permanent branding on the pot itself. There is so much I love about this pot: the shape, the beautiful graphic decoration on the outside, the slowness of the coffee-making process and the drip-free spout, which I didn't photograph but has a little channel that leads back into the pot to catch drips. That's probably my favorite part of this find; the perfect marriage between form and function. 




As you can see I'm quite smitten with my pot, and was only too happy to make it a little cozy to keep the coffee warm during the brewing process.  I had the perfect fabric too: the piece I block-printed a few weeks ago.  I quite like how it works with the linear design and the colour, while doing its job very well too.  



4 comments:

Annie B said...

It is so lovely, and the ceramic filter as well! I am so envious - and I don't even drink coffee.

Karlientjie said...

Amazing Heleen!!

Ruby in the Dust said...

Wasn't I lucky? I'm just so happy I realized that the top part went with it; they weren't actually on the same shelf!

Ahipara Girl said...

that is lovely. i wouldve snapped it up too! we shall meet and drink coffee one day and get to know each other better. x