Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Meet Lydia


Lydia is a very fashionable lady, a modern gal with a crazy hair-do.  She's a top model too, and has appeared on the cover of this magazine and I hear she's also on TV over in Australia at the moment.  I feel like her proud mother, but I suppose I'm actually more like an aunt: she was made from one of my doll kits by Kathy Doughty from Material Obsession.  



I met Kathy at Handmade 2011 in Wellington last year when she came to one of my doll-making classes and I have to admit I had no idea of her talents or fame! Maybe it was a good thing, as I might have been a very nervous teacher with such an experienced student in my class... Anyway, Kathy loved her doll and ordered a few for her shop, and now they've made the front page of this month's Better Homes and Gardens.  You can buy the kit (which includes absolutely everything to make two dolls) from the Material Obsession website, or you can only buy the printed fabric pattern and PDF instructions from my Etsy shop.





6 comments:

Annie B said...

You have every right to be proud Heleen - Lydia is beautiful. What wonderful exposure for your lovely doll !kits

Jacqui said...

That is just awesome! Congrats!

Make-do Mum said...

Cool! What amazing exposure!

nzgreenbuttons said...

wow! I thought that doll looked a bit familiar! Congratulations!!!!

Ruby in the Dust said...

aah, thanks guys! you're great :)

Joanna (little minx) said...

Thats awesome - congratulations!