Friday, April 20, 2012

A break

Hello, I'm still here! I'm making time for this post today, otherwise it might be another week before I get round to it. This is always the busiest time of the year for our family, as Daniel, Joshua, my mum-in-law and myself are celebrating our birthdays in the next two weeks.  Add to that Joshua starting school soon and Mothers' Day; I'm sure you get the picture.  That doesn't explain my long absence though, but here's the reason:


That's Craig's leg, by the way.  About 5 weeks ago he was working on Waiheke Island when he slipped on a steep bank and broke his ankle in 3 places.  He got a helicopter ride to hospital (thanks Westpac Helicopter!) and had a plate and screws put in.  Needless to say, we had a few late nights visiting him there, and about 3 weeks of him at home with an elevated foot and myself being a full-time nurse/taxi/insert anything here-service. I have a lot of respect for single parents who do this and still manage to get some work done; I certainly couldn't... 

Things are returning to normal now, with Craig back at work and school starting again next week, so I'm easing back into things next Sunday by going to my first Kraftbomb this year.  I'll have to work my socks off this week though, as my stock levels are pretty depleted after Christmas.  Watch this space for some new work in the week...

I hope you have a great weekend!

4 comments:

mila + cuatro said...

I don't know how single parents do it. Glad things are getting back to normal, hope to see you soon.

Julie said...

So sorry to hear about Craigs accident Heleen - can imagine how busy you have been. Just to let you know have missed your blog postings as always look forward to what you write about. Pleased to hear things are returning to "normal" a bit more now for you all - all the best for the upcoming market, Kind wishes, Julie :-)

Jesse said...

Glad to hear things are getting back to normal - it sounds very stressful!

Ruby in the Dust said...

thank you very much for the kind thoughts, friends :) We're into birthday season now, so will have to see how we do 'normal' for the next couple of weeks!