Friday, May 11, 2012

Handmade 2012

I am so excited to be teaching at Handmade again this year.  In 3 weeks I fly to Wellington for Queens' Birthday weekend to teach two classes, catch up with other creative friends and get new inspiration.  I will be teaching the same workshops as last year, 'Take one pillowcase' and 'Make your own cloth doll'.  

As you can see, I  have a stack of pillowcases and will be making some up into packs to sell on the day, or students can bring their own materials.  I will show how to make a tote bag in class and give ideas about how to make many other items from a humble pillowcase. You can find more information on the 'Remade' page.


I will also be teaching how to make a cloth doll using my original fabric, which is printed with two dolls: one to make in class and one to do at home.  More information on the 'Stitch' page.

I really enjoyed teaching these classes last year and met some amazing people, including Kathy Doughty from Material Obsession in Sydney. I was happy to see a gap in my time-table big enough to fit in a hand-quilting class with Kathy, which should be very interesting.  I have to make time for a (very simple) small quilt top this month, as I need to have something to quilt for the class.  Nothing like a bit of last-minute pressure to get the adrenaline pumping!

No comments: