A couple of weeks ago I found this little stool in an op shop for $8. I'm a sucker for those tapering legs, plus Craig still needs to elevate his foot, so I killed two birds with one stone and brought it home. The wool was falling out and had bugs living in it, so that went immediately.
Look what it had underneath though: it says NZ Lambs Wool stool, made in Howick.
I decided to reupholster it with my limited knowledge of upholstery (picked up from Sally Ridge in an ancient home do-up TV show, I kid you not!). I went to Para Rubber, got a small piece of upholstery foam and some batting for about $15, took that and our staple gun to Lucky Penny and hoped for the best. First I cut the foam to the exact shape of the seat, then covered it with batting, which I stapled to the underside of the seat. Then, with a bit of wrangling and stretching, I covered it with a piece of fabric, which I also stapled and then trimmed, like so:
After this I unscrewed the legs, stapled some vinyl to the bottom to hide the mess, cut crosses for the legs and screwed them back on.