Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Handmade 2012

I've been back from Handmade for a few days now, and I'm still buzzing! The weekend was so much fun: I met and caught up with some amazing people, I learned new things and enjoyed every minute of teaching my workshops.  My students came to my classes with enthusiasm and great ideas and I really enjoyed being able to help them make something new. Here are a few ladies from my pillowcase workshop on Sunday morning with their bags and a dress:  


My Saturday afternoon doll-making class were such fast workers, they managed to create some beautiful garments as well as dolls; here are a few models making it work. 

As you also know, I took my quilt to Wellington to learn how to hand-quilt it.  How hard can it be to do some running stitches in a straight line? Ha! As you can see, I found it really hard, but I'm going to pretend it should look like that to go with the rest of the wonky lines in my quilt :)


And here I am with Kathy after the class.  It was really inspiring to look at some of her quilts up close and see different ways you can approach hand-quilting.  I'm dying to do some more stitching, but I accidentally left my huge hoop in Te Papa; what a pain!  Although after working on it for an hour I think that might be a blessing in disguise and that a good hoop might be on the cards for me now. 


I have it on good authority that there will be a Handmade 2013 and it's going to be even bigger.  I can't wait! Thanks so much to all the wonderful ladies who came to my classes, the amazing team behind the event and Wellington for being such a beautiful host :) You can see more photos of Handmade here on Facebook, on Melissa's blog, on Rachelle's and Kathy's.





No comments: