Wednesday, June 13, 2012

T-shirt applique class

In a couple of weeks I'm teaching a class at Lopdell House in Titirangi about T-shirt appliqué, which means I've been playing around with a few techniques and materials. I'll be showing how to appliqué both with a sewing machine and by hand, with results like these below.  


I've also been experimenting with the Alabama Chanin style of appliqué, which is so simple yet effective. This is how I saved a beautiful merino top that had a few moth holes on the front:


I recently discovered Natalie Chanin's amazing work, and am very keen to see how I can adapt it further to suit my own style.  

If you're keen to join me at the class, it's held on Sunday the 1st of July between 1.30 and 4 and costs $20. Bring a t-shirt and basic sewing supplies like scissors, pins and needles. Hope to see you there!

No comments: