Thursday, September 20, 2012

Home




I've decided to give a little bit more away about my big, secretive project.  It will be another month before it's ready for sale, but everything seems to be falling into place now so I don't think I'll jinx myself if I show you.  Today I'll just share one image and the inspiration behind it.

Over a year ago I wanted to do an embroidery sampler, but with a picture of our house and a more modern take on the 'Home sweet home' text.  I tried doing cross-stitch but found it so frustrating working with waste canvas and trying to get it to look right that I gave up. I started thinking about printing it so I could cross-stitch over the printed lines, and the idea just grew from there.  What I now have is a range of designs that work together as an embroidery sampler, a sort of deconstructed sampler if you like.

This one has the text, 'Home is wherever I'm with you'.  That's the title of a lovely song by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes; listen to it here or to a very sweet cover here. In fact, just put it on right now, ok.


This song makes me feel so happy... Have a great Friday and weekend folks!

5 comments:

Megan said...

your sampler is absolutely gorgeous -can't wait to see more!!

clare said...

Lovely! I thought, and hoped, it might be something like this! Can't wait to see more :)

Karlientjie said...

Wow Heleen, dit is beautiful!!

BigLittle said...

It looks really sweet, love the border with the flowers...

Jesse said...

What a brilliant idea! I can't wait to see the rest.