Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Published

Today I am super-excited to show you a book I've only seen online but am dying to get my hands on... It's called Embellish Me: How to Print, Dye, and Decorate Your Fabric in the US and How to Decorate and Embellish Your Fabrics in the UK edition. More importantly, it's by the talented Laurie Wistbrun from Scarlet Fig and you can read more about the book in this post

Why am I so excited? Well, a few of my photos made their way into this lovely book.  Two for sure, and one only made it to what I think must be a proof cover. Here's a photo from Laurie's blog showing a double page, and if you look closely, you'll see my embroidered brooches on the left-hand page, and my zip pouches on the right.  See?


And this is the phantom cover; I took a screen-shot off Amazon, because I don't think it will be there for much longer.  Still, for now it's there, on the cover! My photo top left, showing some more embroidered brooches.

I will have to add this book to my Christmas list, not only for the obvious reason but also to actually read it! Looks like it covers some very interesting and useful techniques like fabric printing, embellishing and embroidery. 

4 comments:

Jacqui said...

How cool is that! Did you submit the photo or did they find it on their own?

Ruby in the Dust said...

thanks Jacqui! She found it on Flickr; good reason to post over there hey :)

greta @ ontopofalilypad said...

That is so awesome, I love her fabrics!

Jesse said...

Congrats! They are gorgeous photos!