Thursday, February 14, 2013

Teal

I've just taken a few photos of my latest obsessions and as is often the case, they all have one colour in common.  Today is brought to you by the colour teal...


My little weaving is making slow progress.  It didn't help that a little person accidentally sat on my loom and cracked the foam, but thankfully it's still workable.


This one won't make it onto Pinterest, but if you can look past the dry skin and chipping you'll notice that I've glittered my toes.  I absolutely love this glitter nail polish and have been covering all sorts of things in it. Plastic hair clips, not so good; metal zipper pulls, perfect. Anyway, it's a single coat of colour, with silver glitter polish over it and some top coat to keep it all on. It's been on for over two weeks and still going (quite) strong. By the way, I use the Jordana polish that you get at some $2 shops; it's good stuff and only costs $3.


Finally, I was so happy to find this amazing New Zealand-made woollen blanket in an op shop yesterday; it feels like an old friend already.  Perfect colour scheme, don't you think?

Hope you're having a lovely Valentine's Day :)

7 comments:

Sarah Ann said...

Op shop find is awesome. Thanks heaps for the tip about the nail polish. Your weaving project looks awesome.

Julie said...

You sure got a bargain with the op shop blanket Heleen, I am loving that turquoise colour also - looks great on the toenails :-) Julie

Max said...

lovely toes, and love the shoes too x

Ineka said...

I think I found the perfect outfit to go with your toes at NY Fashion Week!

http://bit.ly/11JurhA

Perfect for the school run, no? :-)

Ruby in the Dust said...

thanks for all the toe love, ladies :)

Max, those shoes came from Number 1 shoes; I absolutely love them. Have worn them with shorts, dresses, everything this summer.

Ooh Ineka, that dress is gorgeous. I like the previous one even more (#25 i think...).

Anonymous said...

Hi,
The cogs all fell into place reading Jenny's blog tonight and realised you were also the Heleen whose blog I read what a small, small world.

Fiona from your street :)

Ruby in the Dust said...

Hi Fiona,
Small world indeed! Hope to see you again soon :)