Monday, March 11, 2013

Time for tea

On Sunday I hosted a tea party.  It's become an annual institution; time to dust off the floral crockery, iron some embroidered tablecloths and polish the silver. Time for cups of tea and glasses of Pimms, pretty dresses and interesting conversation, a chance to enjoy the end of the summer weather in style. 





And did I mention the food? Mostly home-baked by my talented friends, some from Little and Friday and some from Bakers' Delight. This year I topped my toasted hot-cross buns with cream cheese and blueberries.  We had a few gluten-free treats on the table as well, including my coconut macaroons in the photo just below.  I made my own recipe and used 2 eggs, 2 cups coconut, 1 cup almond meal and 1/2 cup sugar, baked at 160 C for 15 min.  Nice and crispy and a great lunchbox filler for the kids too. 




[Many thanks to Bakers' Delight for supplying me with a couple of packs of their buns, half of which ended up at the tea party and the other became a delicious bread and butter pudding.]

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Pretty pics... was such a lovely afternoon!

Ruby in the Dust said...

Thanks for joining us, Lesley :)