Friday, May 10, 2013

Space!

Today I have something nice to show you: my new studio! A while ago I started thinking about having a bit more space, both for my work and in our house. The boys are getting bigger and they're ready to have their own rooms; and when I get new supplies for my embroidery kits, the boxes clutter up my workroom so much I can't even get in the door. Thankfully a local shared studio space came up and I was lucky enough to hear about it early on.  I moved in on Sunday and while there is still a lot to do both in the studio and in my old room, I'm glad to report that it's been a great first week. The most amazing part of this space is the shelving Craig put up for me. I am very untidy when I work, and it's great to be able to pull out everything I need and then put it all back again. I know! 

I took some photos today, but might put up another post in a few weeks. I can assure you there won't be any empty shelves; there's still so much to bring in. 






Paying rent is new to me and it fills me with a bit of dread, so expect some new Etsy listings soon. I'm dying to do a bit of sewing; I can see some zip pouches on the horizon... I'm also thinking of running some tiny (3-4 people tiny) workshops; let me know if there's anything you'd like to learn :) 

9 comments:

snips said...

Awesome! I would love to have a nice open workspace like that!

Normatika said...

Congratulations. You've got a really nice space.

Jesse said...

Ooh, that looks amazing! Great shelves!

FaerySarah said...

love the shelf space!!

Lopdell House Gallery said...

Well Done Heleen,

It looks great and a progress report in a few weeks will be good. You won't know yourself soon...
Lisa

Julie said...

It looks wonderful - good on your Heleen. A nice light airy space to work in & be inspired. Yes definately share some more pics as you get set up :-) Julie

mila + cuatro said...

Wow! Nice and light. Is that a Golden Hands magazine I see on the table??

Anonymous said...

What a great space, how exciting for you! I can't wait to see what cool things you come up with in there.
Your neighbour Fiona

Ruby in the Dust said...

The shelves... I can't get over how perfect they are. I wish I'd known before how shelves can change your life :)

And Sarah, those are indeed Golden Hands magazines! Thanks you my friend for those, they are so inspiring xx