Monday, July 1, 2013

Sewing for beginners: Ruby in the Dust DIY

I've decided to run a few sewing and craft classes and the first one is aimed at sewers with their own sewing machine.  I have a few friends who have been given a machine or bought one and haven't had the courage to use it, so with them in mind I've created a 2 1/2 h workshop teaching you the basics of using your machine and putting together a good toolkit. I'll guide you through the process of making a boxed tote bag in class and teach you what you need to know to use your machine for simple sewing projects. Hopefully you will leave inspired to make more bags or even come to my next class ready to learn how to make a simple garment. Email me to book or if you have any questions. 

The first workshop is on Sunday the 28th of July, 10-12.30 at Highbury House in Birkenhead.  $25 per person, with a maximum of 10 per session. 

Apart from teaching these workshops, I'm also available for smaller sessions: one to two people (two adults or a parent and child) working on a chosen project which could be anything from sewing to print-making on fabric. An hourly rate applies, so if this sounds like something you might be interested in, please contact me as well.




2 comments:

Lopdell House Gallery said...

Hi Heleen,
Fantastic idea to fill the need at that end of the market. You're such a good teacher I'm sure there'll be lots of happy people getting excited about their sewing machines when you're done.

I wish you good luck with this. Perhaps we can have one here next year...

Lisa

Danelle said...

Nice! Jou sakke raak al hoe mooier en mooier! x