Monday, November 11, 2013

Felt Birds


If you follow me on Facebook, you might know my badly-kept secret already, but here it is: I've got a new craft kit! It's something I've been thinking about for a long time, and I'm very happy it's finally done. It's been a long road, but here is the story of my new Felt Bird Kits.

It started a few years ago, so long ago that mine were the first kits on Felt and there was no category for it. I put together a Felt Bird kit and when they did quite well and I finally ran out of felt, boxes, and other bits, I thought about repackaging it and making a bit more 'now'.

My colour scheme was inspired by this rug I found on Pinterest.  The colours were so unexpected; I particularly loved the minty blue and fuchsia combo, so I chose those two and toned it down a bit with a rich dark blue.  My accent colours for thread are orange, yellow and purple.


I found the most divine sequins and they also add to the fun: 



Then the big job of cutting, collating and stuffing began.  This is what my production line looked like last week: 



And this is what the finished product looks like in a bird cage.  They also look pretty cute on a Christmas tree, on a wall or in a window.


Every kit contains everything you need to make 3 birds (felt, stuffing, needle, DMC thread, sequins and illustrated instructions) and as usual, it comes in beautiful packaging, ready to give as a gift.  I also have a refill kit to make 3 more, because you will have thread left over and I hope you'll want to make more! If you really want to save money though, especially on postage, get the Combo.  The kits are aimed at all ages, and as with my Hoop Wall Art kits, you can decorate them as much as you like, according to your ability.  

To make it more affordable, I've made the decision not to wholesale these kits through other stores. That means you can only buy them through my online shops or at the few markets I'm doing these next few weeks. 

You can get yours on Etsy and Felt .  Use this code in both shops for a 10% discount until Wednesday: FBK10. 

I'll be doing a couple of video tutorials this week to show you how easy it is to do the stitches you need for these birds.  Here are the links to blanket stitch and whipstitch, and a video tutorial for French Knots.

No comments: